Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Their Eyes Are Watching God while mine watched Michael Ealy

I finally watched Their Eyes Are Watching God. That is one of my favorite books and I was a little hesitant because Halle Berry was cast as the lead role. Come on people, she’s a beautiful woman but she isn’t the greatest actress. (I’m still flabbergasted over the Oscar thing). She’s OK when it comes to roles like Rich Man’s Wife or Gothika, because that isn’t much of a stretch for her to play. But when she plays roles like crack addict (Jungle Fever), ghetto mama (Losing Isaiah), Bama (B.A.P.S) or slave (Queen), her performances are… well, lacking. So that is why I had my doubts. And well, she did aw ‘ight. But enough about Halle, on to bigger and better things, i.e. Michael Ealy. Can I get an AMEN from the congregation? Somehow I slept on him when I saw him in Barbershop and 2 Fast 2 Furious but now I can say that he is in a very, very close race with Taye...watch out now!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Hallelujah! and Preach Preacher!! I slept on him too - that thugged out braids thing did nothing for me in b.b.shop, and i didn't see f&f 2. but he's definitely a hottie - you stick to taye, i'll take care of mr. ealy! :0)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Ms. Chrissy G. said...

Preach.... he is one fine mofo for reals.... Damn, he can get it for reals. Let me stop.. how about them Yankess or Morris Chestnut(can u say ohhh damnnn ladies) let me stop, but nice blog and can IO steal that Michael Ealy pic??

5:15 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

I WAS TOTALLY DIGGIN' THAT MOVIE. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL HIM OFF?

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl teacake sure was fine...the movie was last month and I'm still having flashbacks...lol

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home