Friday, June 03, 2005

Another Year in the Big Apple

We just re-signed our lease so that means we’ll definitely be in New York until June 2006. Well, not definitely but more than likely. Here’s a look back at my first year in NYC:

I lived through my mildest winter ever! I laughed when a friend, who is originally from Texas, said that she had finally decided to move back because this past winter did her in. What? Growing up I would have loved for winters to have practically no snow and temps that hardly ever went below freezing…you know I’m of a ‘tropical people’ :)

I’ve had a few star sightings: Candace Bergen, Smokey Robinson, Wyclef Jean, Russell Simmons and Kim Coles. I’m still always on the lookout for Taye Diggs though.

I’ve taken the Sex in the City tour…twice!

We’ve taken weekend trips to Connecticut, Philly/DC/Baltimore, Atlantic City and the Jersey shore. No invites to the Hamptons yet…but the summer’s young!

I’ve learned my way around Manhattan, Queens and Long Island. I’m sure to conquer Brooklyn, the Boogie Down (the Bronx) and Staten Island in the upcoming year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shiya said...

I had such high hopes of you possibly moving back in January '06. Chicago needs you! You forgot your website as one of the highlights in NYC. And the Yarn Bus. I guess I'll just have to wait 'til June '06. In the meantime, you need to get your work email fixed!!!

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home