Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The beauty of the sample sale

My office is on 34th and 5th, which is fairly close to all the major designer showrooms and corporate wholesale offices. This means that I have access to all the SAMPLE SALES! You can score some awesome designer goods ie, DVF, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Nannette Lepore, for up to 80% off. (So that's really how Carrie Bradshaw was always dressed to the nines!) Warning-There are no dressing rooms so you can check your modesty at the door! Just a large room curtained off with mirrors placed here and there. And this is only for the girls who can stomach digging and pawing through box after box of things tossed about...that's not everyone's cup of tea. This, however, is right up my alley-aahh, the thrill of the hunt! I've decided that it's not so much wearing the clothes that I acquire but it's the act of acquiring them that makes my adrenaline pump. Sample sales are no doubt one of the things that makes this city GREAT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home